I can now accept the East Lothian Gift Card for
- Therapies: Reflexology, Aromatherapy Massage & Indian Head Massage
- Mindfulness: 8-week Mindfulness for Beginners classes in Musselburgh
- Therapy courses: Aromatherapy course, Hand Reflexology course, Indian Head Massage course & Make your own natural Skincare course
- Products: Make your Own Body Butter & Lip Balm kit, Relaxing Massage/Reflexology Balm, Citrus Invigorating Massage/Reflexology Balm & Vegan Body Butter.
What is the East Lothian Gift Card?
The Gift Card is the perfect present for friends, family and colleagues. The Gift Card is a MasterCard-based gift card which can be used across East Lothian. The East Lothian Gift Card is accepted only at independently owned businesses throughout East Lothian. Me Time Therapies can found inthe Health and Beauty category (Where to Spend heading)
The card works in the same way as department store /shopping centre gift cards but for the whole county of East Lothian. East Lothian is the first county in Scotland to launch a dedicated gift card.
Read more about the East Lothian Gift Card »
(look for Me-Time Therapies under the Heading ‘Health & Beauty’)
How to use the Gift Card?
Presently, you will need to be present to use the Gift Card as it is swiped through a card reader. You are unable to purchase therapy courses or products online but that may change in the near future. You can pay full or part payment for the therapies, courses or products.
The Mindfulness Class (MBLC – Mindfulness Based Living Course) will be run over an 8-week block at Fisherrow Centre, Musselburgh, East Lothian. The next Mindfulness Meditation training course will commence on Tuesday 18th February 2020 until the 7th of April (7 pm – 9pm). The cost of the 8-week block is £160.
For more information or to book a space for the Tuesday evening class, click the link here – Mindfulness Meditation class- Musselburgh
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as present moment attention, “be here now”. In a Mindfulness Course, you will be learning to quieten your mind, therefore, helping you live more in the present moment. During a Mindfulness Meditation, we are not attempting to make your mind go blank or empty your minds of thoughts. We are allowing thoughts to come and go without chasing after them. We are beginning to recognise the habit of getting involved in thoughts which result in being lost into thinking. When we get lost in thinking, we are either dwelling on something that has already happened or fretting about something that could happen in the future.
Mindfulness Class – 8-week timetable
The Mindfulness class consists of 8 sessions in a group setting and each week there will be a different theme to explore. You will get an opportunity to practice Mindful Meditation in the class. I will e:mail you the audio Mindfulness Meditations which you can still access after the course is completed.
The weekly themes for the Mindfulness Class are
- Week 1 – What is Mindfulness and learning more about settling the mind
- Week 2 – How to use the body as a place to stay present -Body Scan
- Week 3 – Introduction mindfulness support in Meditation – breath and sound
- Week 4 – Working with distraction and the benefits of Mindful movement
- Week 5 – Becoming aware of our thoughts and habits & Loving Kindness exercise
- Week 6 – Attitude of the observer in Mindfulness Meditation
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance – Self-compassion Break
- Week 8 – A mindfulness-based life
For more information about each week, you can read my blog posts from 1st May – 19th June 2019 – Mindfulness class blog
I a registered Mindfulness Teacher with the Mindfulness Association. – Mindfulness Association Teacher List