The Mindfulness Class (MBLC – Mindfulness Based Living Course) will be run over an 8-week block at Fisherrow Centre, Musselburgh, East Lothian. The next Mindfulness Meditation training course will commence on Tuesday 18th February 2020 until the 7th of April (7 pm – 9pm). The cost of the 8-week block is £160.
For more information or to book a space for the Tuesday evening class, click the link here – Mindfulness Meditation class- Musselburgh
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as present moment attention, “be here now”. In a Mindfulness Course, you will be learning to quieten your mind, therefore, helping you live more in the present moment. During a Mindfulness Meditation, we are not attempting to make your mind go blank or empty your minds of thoughts. We are allowing thoughts to come and go without chasing after them. We are beginning to recognise the habit of getting involved in thoughts which result in being lost into thinking. When we get lost in thinking, we are either dwelling on something that has already happened or fretting about something that could happen in the future.
Mindfulness Class – 8-week timetable
The Mindfulness class consists of 8 sessions in a group setting and each week there will be a different theme to explore. You will get an opportunity to practice Mindful Meditation in the class. I will e:mail you the audio Mindfulness Meditations which you can still access after the course is completed.
The weekly themes for the Mindfulness Class are
- Week 1 – What is Mindfulness and learning more about settling the mind
- Week 2 – How to use the body as a place to stay present -Body Scan
- Week 3 – Introduction mindfulness support in Meditation – breath and sound
- Week 4 – Working with distraction and the benefits of Mindful movement
- Week 5 – Becoming aware of our thoughts and habits & Loving Kindness exercise
- Week 6 – Attitude of the observer in Mindfulness Meditation
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance – Self-compassion Break
- Week 8 – A mindfulness-based life
For more information about each week, you can read my blog posts from 1st May – 19th June 2019 – Mindfulness class blog
I a registered Mindfulness Teacher with the Mindfulness Association. – Mindfulness Association Teacher List